(Picture gallery at foot of page)
Remember we specialize in knife commissions which including working with you to design your own unique knife.
- An original design by Mammoth Blades, this knife is an everyday carry worn on a lanyard around the neck, named the three finger necker because it sits firmly in three fingers whilst the thumb rests in a recess in the spine, forward of the handle.
- The handle is hand shaped and finished to fit in the hand comfortably, upon request the handle can be made to suit large or smaller hands.
- The Three Finger Necker (TFN) has a sharp spine for firesteel striking (Or it can be rounded on request) and manages feather sticks with ease, game dressing or general camp duties.
- The TFN blade is full tang 3mm high carbon 01 tool steel OR 3.6mm high carbon spring steel 75CR1, both are heat treated and tempered to 58/59 Rc.
- Blade grinds are single scandi with micro bevel for ease of sharpening.
- Handle material ranges from micarta, English or other exotic woods, plasticized wood, to your own specification, with a choice of liner colours and all secured with a choice of pins and lanyard tube.
- All knives come with a hand made unique leather neck sheath, so the knife and sheath are hand made for each other.
The TFN Drop Point (Damascus)
- High carbon steel
- Damascus carbon steel, patterns subject to availability of stock
- Exquisite selection of stabilized English and world woods
- Large range of select handle materials including:-
- Buffalo horn / bone
- Camel bone
- Reserve 400 year old English Oak
- Limited 5200 year old English Bog Oak in black/brown
- Spalted cross cut English Birch stabilized.
- Choice of liners hand cut from vulcanized sheet or hi-impact plastic
- Huge range of mosaic pins and mosaic lanyard tubes
- Huge range of pins, nickel silver, brass, loveless / acorn or corby bolts in brass and / or stainless
- Range of mosaic lanyard tubes
- Brass or stainless thick wall lanyard tube in various sizes
Three Finger Necker (TFN) prices start at £ (Contact for price) for carbon steel with brass pins and none stabilized woods.
Three Finger Necker (TFN) prices start at £ (Contact for price) for Damascus steel.
Below, a gallery of some TFN’s produced in a variety of blade and handle materials including Damascus / Tool Steel / Spring Steel and with a selection of bog oak handle’s (5000+ years old) very old oak handles (around 500 years old), plasticized English Spalted Birch, with silver / brass pins and stainless / mosaic lanyard tubes.
Each TFN comes with a unique hand made leather neck sheath.