(Picture gallery at foot of page shows Nessmuk’s with companion Three Finger Neckers (TFN’s)
Remember we also specialize in knife commissions where we work with you, to design your own unique knife.
- Mammoth Blades take on the well balanced all round knife, traditionally seen in the Nordic regions.
- Just under 9″ in length, being split between handle and blade, perfect for general outdoor use.
- The handle is hand shaped and finished to fit in the hand comfortably, upon request the handle can be made to suit large or smaller hands.
- The Nessmuk has a sharp spine for firesteel striking and manages battoning and feather sticks with ease, great for game dressing or general camp duties.
- The Nessmuk blade is full tang 4mm high carbon 01 tool steel or Damascus (15N20 & 1085), it is heat treated and tempered to 58/59 Rc.
- Blade grinds are single scandi with micro bevel for ease of sharpening.
- Handle material ranges from laminiates, English or other exotic woods, plasticized wood, materials to your own specification, with a choice of liner colours and all secured with a choice of pins and lanyard tube.
- All knives come with a hand made leather belt sheath, (Left or right hand), the knife and sheath are hand made for each other.
- High carbon steel
- Damascus carbon steel, patterns subject to availability of stock
- Exquisite selection of stabilized English and world woods
- Large range of select handle materials including:-
- Reserve Stabilized English Oak Burr
- Buffalo horn / bone
- Camel bone
- Reserve 400 year old English Oak
- Limited 5200 year old English Bog Oak in black/brown
- Spalted cross cut English Birch stabilized.
- Choice of liners hand cut from vulcanized sheet or hi-impact plastic
- Huge range of mosaic pins and mosaic lanyard tubes
- Huge range of pins, nickel silver, brass, loveless / acorn or corby bolts in brass and / or stainless
- Thick wall brass and marine grade 316 stainless
- Range of brass, copper and stainless mosaic lanyard tubes
Priced from £ (Contact for price) for carbon steel with brass pins and none stabilized woods.
Damascus steel from £ (Contact for price)